- Continued expansion of membership beyond CARICOM Member States to include Non CARICOM Countries and entities.
Through collaboration with the USDA APHIS the CPHD Forum has achieved the following:
- Train more than 200 technical personnel in the region in areas such as the identification of insect orders : Hemiptera/Homoptera, Coleoptera, Heteroptera, Lepidoptera, Thysanoptera, Molusks, Mites and plant diagnostics.
- Provide diagnostic equipment to member states (Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Trinidad and Tobago) and increase video conferencing equipment to all IICA offices in the region.
- Draft a Manual on Red Palm Mite
- Complete the evaluation of the Fruit Fly trapping programme in the Caribbean region. Currently implementing several recommendations throughout the region.
- Draft Manual on Fruit Fly Identification
- Compiled data sheets for the identification, prevention, control and/or eradication of palm pests/diseases
- Two officers from Member States were trained in the US and are now the region’s expert in Fruit Flies – Mrs. Alies van Sauers Muller and Mr. Paul Graham. The two experts have been spearheading training in the region. 15 countries have been trained to date.