The Joint FAO/IAEA Division of Nuclear Techniques in Food and Agriculture is launching a new five-year (2021-2026) Coordinated Research Project (CRP), titled ‘Improving rearing, handling, and field components for fruit fly SIT application’ (D41029).
The main objective of this CRP is to optimize and harmonize the use of SIT and related technologies for improved management of fruit fly pests.
• Improved area-wide SIT through maintaining high genetic diversity by introducing wild gens into GSS breeding colonies
• Mass-production of fruit flies enhanced though new and improved gel diets
• Enhance field performance of sterile insects by providing food supplement to adults before field releases
• Fruit fly monitoring and detection improved through more efficient traps and attractants
• Fruit fly control improved through more efficient population suppression tools.
Scientists from developing countries are encouraged to submit the CRP Contract Proposal and from non-developing countries the CRP Agreement Proposal by 20 August 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on how to participate please visit the following website: http://cra.iaea.org/
For more details view the announcement and agreement/contract proposal forms:
Information courtesy Dr. Vyjayanthi Lopez, FAO